Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed please for my son

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I are both Autistic (not stupid as some believe ;) )

He and I started a small company selling darkroom equipment.

One of the items we designed is a rotary film processor variable speed that is affordable to all, please see images.

I have a question and hope that someone may help, please

I can and have only found 5mm bore pulley systems (see video), with 8mm for the rods which are perfect but as you will know we now have a problem, see video.

The motors are 4mm on the shaft the pulley is 5mm bore. I have drilled an tapped an extra screw :(

ANY advice much appreciated

Video here

Thank you

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Dsc_1290.jpg
    Dsc_1290.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 220
  • Dsc_1289.jpg
    Dsc_1289.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Dsc_1284.jpg
    Dsc_1284.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
An alternative approach would be to get motors with 5mm shafts. How are you controlling the speed - it looks to be adjustable.

Mike.

I have some NEMA17 stepper motors that have a 5mm output shaft. I noticed the control and if you're already using a micro to read the potentiometer and control the motor then to switch to a stepper would be a reasonable step - hence question 2. Another picture of the dial doesn't really help.

Mike.

If you need over the counter parts that fit with no machining you can buy them several places, Motion Industry is a nation wide company you can buy parts from, shafts, bearings, gears, drives, pullies, shives, bearings, more. McMaster Carr sells parts too but a bit expensive. Fastenal sells mostly bolts but they sell other things. WW Granger may have a few things you need they have lots of, electric motors, gear motors, stepper motors, rotatary devices, fans, gears, shives, pullies, variable speed drives, pumps, timing belts, V belts, sprockets, chain, more. Boston Gear & Browning sell, gears, shives, pullies,. Big towns will have local businesses that sell the same items the trick is to learn who they are but most of these places buy from other places to resell at a higher price.

Look for Motion Industry, McMaster Carr, WW Granger, first. These companies are all online these days.

Last edited:
The steppers will probably cost ~US$10. You'll need a driver too. I'll ask again, how do you control the speed?

Mike.
Edit, with a dial doesn't help. How electronically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back