HELP Needed in Audio Amp Design... Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoor

I study in Level 3 Electronics Engineering. Looking forward to get my BS'c Degree..
We are having this module called "Electronic Design-1" this semester...
And the major assignment is An Audio Amplifier...

I attached the Assignment question paper in the PDF file…
And all the calculation I did to get the values of the resistors and capacitors…
The tutor said that they seem to be right…

I need help, to get the right procedure to calculate the values and do the simulation to get the closest values comparing between the theoretical and the hardware design which I have to do only for the cascade amplifier, hardware fabrication is not needed for the Power amplifier section…

Also i attached what I have drawn in Orcad 10.5...

I want some1 to help me getting the values of the R1, R2, R3, R4, RE1, RC and RL. The tutor told me that RL will be same as R in Base of the Power Amplifier…
I hope I can get help here…. Thanks…

I will Appreciate it so much for the one who will help me...

I attached the assignment paper, the calculation I did, the diagram of the amplifier (CE & CB), and also I attached a similar problem he gave us in the class…
And this is My MSN Messenger... Who wants to help me, add me and ill explain more... Smo0or@hotmail.com

Attachments

• SamAss01.pdf
    179.9 KB · Views: 184
  • SamAss02.pdf
    559 KB · Views: 162
  • Orcad.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 381
I hope level 3 is the entry year? - this simple cascode amplifier is more school work than university work?.

One quick hint for you - think about the collector voltage on the bottom transistor - do you think it being LESS than it's base is a good idea?.

Your assignment is posted here too??

I reduced the enormous size of your schematic and made construcive comments about the transistors' base voltages on the other website.
Your first document was damaged there and I couldn't open it. Here it shows a microphone with a whopping high output of 220mV RMS.

Do Arabs scream that loud??

Attachments

• Cascade amplifier.PNG
    150.4 KB · Views: 383
Nigel Goodwin said:
May I just say Audioguru, that's a MUCH better way to draw a cascode amplifier!.
The original ORCAD document is a huge file size because it is covered with dots, and it was saved as a fuzzy JPG file type instead of a very clear GIF or PNG file type.
I don't know why the schematic is so big. I cropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…