Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed .. data storage from microcontroller to pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit_kr

I am working on a PIC 16F877A mC.I want to store data into a pen drive
Can anyone provide me with the idea , how to do it.
I am new in this area.
pls reply ASAP.

amit_kr said:
I am working on a PIC 16F877A mC.I want to store data into a pen drive
Can anyone provide me with the idea , how to do it.
I am new in this area.
pls reply ASAP.

I would suggest using something different?, USB is EXTREMELY difficult to do, and in this case you need USB host (as you're effectively emulating a computer), which even the USB capable PIC's don't provide.

Assuming you need large quantities of storage?, how about a memory card?, there are a number of 16F877 implementations for that.

I require storage around 512kb.
I want storage in a way that i can remove the memory card from my circuit and transfer it by connecting it to a PC.
pls provide me the details

Yes, using a memory card like an SD card is a much more reasonable solution. It's been done many times before (especially by people making MP3 players and such) and all you need to do is buy a USB memory card reader for your computer, which can often be had for $10-20 if you want one that mounts permanently in your computer, or less than $10 for some small, pocket-sized ones such as:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820163601

Hi sir..
I read your post regrading the USB interface with PIC ...I hope your completed that project
Can you help for doing USB interface with pic18f4550..
please sir.
can share the sample project and code

Ancient thread, participants not seen here for 10+ years.

Thread locked.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back