Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed - Computer Driven P.A. System

Status
Not open for further replies.

setch

I want to build a P.A./Break Time bell system for my local school. I want to control it from a PC. At certain times of the day it should generate some form of alarm (wav file) to advise of a break or dinner time. I can write the software to control it, but do not have a clue as to the electronics needed. Would I use a normal sound card attached to an external amplifier, or would I need something special? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, the soundcard output can drive the PA. But keep in mind: Windows also generated different tones itself,disable it.

This must be a science project - to see if you can do it. Otherwise, it makes no sense to drive the PA with a $1000 computer in place of a $50 switch. Hope you get an A.

he needs a Wav file ...
but might use a recorder chip too.
but it seems like a practical idea.
but instead of a compuster you can use a cd player.
but the reason for the computer is that he needs to make a program ro play the file automaticly at some preset times wirght?

just feed the output of the soundcard into a 100v line pa system this will allow you to feed the speakers in the school with the signal and will only require bell wire between the amplifier and speakers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back