Help needed about switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niklouks

Hi.

I would like to fit a switch to my portable MP3 player.

I would like to remove the current play button and fit a microswitch on a 15cm cable to the play button to trigger the device to play a track when a door is opened and the microswitch makes the connection.
Simple ! :roll:

Here's the problem.
Currently the power button for the mp3 player is the play button held down for 3 seconds. So when the door is opened the device just switches off because the connection is made for 3 seconds or more. :x

Here's my question.
Is it possible to make a simple circuit or even buy a switch that will make the connection for about a second, no matter how long the microswitch is phisicaly pressed for. :? :?: :?:

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Yeah I looked at using the 555 monostable but the output on the 555 monostable seems to be 5v or something.

I have the plans to build a 555 monostable but i'm not sure how to use it with the mp3 player.

currently there are two wires i have soldered in place of the switch. When i touch them together the player plays the track.

I'm just not sure how the 555 can help

Connect a transistor to the output of the 555. Use the transistor to drive a relay connected to the MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…