Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed about switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niklouks

Hi.

I would like to fit a switch to my portable MP3 player.

I would like to remove the current play button and fit a microswitch on a 15cm cable to the play button to trigger the device to play a track when a door is opened and the microswitch makes the connection.
Simple ! :roll:

Here's the problem.
Currently the power button for the mp3 player is the play button held down for 3 seconds. So when the door is opened the device just switches off because the connection is made for 3 seconds or more. :x

Here's my question.
Is it possible to make a simple circuit or even buy a switch that will make the connection for about a second, no matter how long the microswitch is phisicaly pressed for. :? :?: :?:

Thanks in advance for your help guys. :)

Yeah I looked at using the 555 monostable but the output on the 555 monostable seems to be 5v or something.

I have the plans to build a 555 monostable but i'm not sure how to use it with the mp3 player.

currently there are two wires i have soldered in place of the switch. When i touch them together the player plays the track.

I'm just not sure how the 555 can help

Connect a transistor to the output of the 555. Use the transistor to drive a relay connected to the MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back