Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help need to build scrolling led dispaly....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, i have selected project wizard but there was no option of Hi tech C complire, there is only assembler and linker..!!

You can manually install.... Go to the top menu....select " Projects " then " Set language tool locations "... In the pop up box, open " Hi-tech universal toolsuite "

Under executables you can browse..... The executable should be here "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\9.82\bin\picc.exe"

See how you get on.

Last edited:
PLease let me know whole step showing error again as the file is located in other not in source...

Project wizard...

Page 1 Select device......PIC16f676.
Page 2 Select toolsuite......Hi-tech Universal toolsuite.
Page 3 Create a project directory..... Whatever you call it.
Page 4 Add source file..... (put aa.C in the folder before hand)...... add this source file.
Page 5 Finish....... Your MPLAB should look like mine....

Last edited:
after these step i add build
result-> build failed!!
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\9.83\bin\picc.exe" -otest.cof -mtest.map --summary=default --output=default --chip=16F676 -P --runtime=default --opt=default -D__DEBUG=1 -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s"
HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC10/12/16 MCUs (PRO Mode) V9.83
Copyright (C) 2011 Microchip Technology Inc.
Licensed for evaluation purposes only.
This licence will expire on Tue, 07 Aug 2012.
Error [939] ; . no file arguments

Last edited:
The error [939] is telling you that there is no file to compile..... You need to insert it in source files.... Look at the picture in post #30....

Right click on the "source" folder in the project explorer on the left hand side, and select add source file...... then it will build.

Last edited:
Ok, i have done that but after changing aa text file to aa.c the map lab say no file found?
but the file is place there..

Ok... I see we are in a bit of a faf now.... Do one thing for me..... Right click the source folder again and click add files.... When the new window opens look for the aa.c file... If it's not there.. Find out which directory the source folder is pointing to.....

There is an option on the context menu ( right clicked menu ), to locate the missing file..... you have it in the download directory in your documents... Just point to the file and it should be okay..

Last edited:
OK< i found the tutorial of your in C file are working fine tan of mine.
as i have changed the text file to C file by renaming it and putting extension .c but after taht also it remain in text+C file thats the problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back