Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetajay

i require the datasheets for the following I.C.s:
CD4049
CD4013
74154 (4-to-16-line demult-iplexer)
also can someone help with the explanation for the functioning of the various parts of the circuit shown below.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,807
KT3170 is a Samsung-clone of original MT8870 from MITEL.(today is Zarlink Semiconductors) It's a tone decoder with BCD output.

the tone decoder outputs to the 154 which in turn selects the relevant 4049 gate dependant on the state of its inputs.....the 4049 outputs then feed into the 4013 ff and operating the relays......so in essence you can remotely switch on and off loads by using a tone down the telephone line presented to the input of the tone decoder.......errr thats a basic description........any one wanna go one further, feel free :)

One thing i not understand: why go this circuit to receive mode? I see the relay, who switch a 200ohm resistor parallel to line, but what circuit make it pulled state. (off hook position)
And what is the 10kHz injection?
I think, this is only a part of the circuit, additionally You need a ring detector with optocoupler, or can parallel work with answering machine or FAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back