Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me with my Quadcopter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielhc

Hey everyone , my name is daniel im practical electronic engineer and 21 years old .

my Knowlage is : C , VHDL , ASSEMBLY , project that i did before (smartmirror) ....

i will learn every thing that i need to do it and you will tell me .

i want to do some Quadcopter project and i look for some forum that can help me and i found that forum ;)

ok then lets start:

**broken link removed**
i did some picture of the idea , as you can see i want controller with screen (there is what inside the screen look like) and i want quadcopter .

so what i need from you guys is HELP

i dont have any experience with project like that .

ok then i have some few questions and helps that i need :

1. in which language i need to do the all project (c , vhdl....... ) if i need to learn some new languageill do it.

2.i need Full list of what i need to buy to do that project.

3.which board i need to the controller and to the quadcopter? ( i have allredy RPI 2 model B its can help i think).

4.i want that the quadcopter will be small as i can ( no tiny but no bigggggger as you know ;) ).

5. i want that the quadcopter will be stable on the air and easy to shift.

ill add more questions and things that i need SOON .

I realy dont know how to start all this Please help me ( sorry about my poor english )

This is what I would do. Others may approach the task differently:

To move forward your next step should be to draft a more detailed specification of what you want. So you already have a good idea of what you want it to do, which is a good start. Now, based on what you have read you need to decide things like how it's going to look, what it's going to be made out of, what type of motors you need, how big batteries you need, how heavy it can be, how much weight the electronics and connections will add to the frame. You can make the same sort of decisions about the controller.

This will help make your ideas more "real" and helps focus your mind, and makes it easier to think about how all the parts connect together. It gives you a better "target"

You must already know from what you have read, the functions of all the electronic parts you need, and how the programming should make them all work together. So what you should do is to draw a block diagram showing all those functional blocks and how they are connected. Show the direction of communication on your diagram, how many data/signal lines you think each part will need. You may realise that some of those blocks need to be divided into smaller blocks, and that some others aren't really separate and should be combined.

Once you've done that, start to think about how your code should connect everything together and what it needs to do - you can design code using a block diagram or flow chart - just get to functional stages and how they work together. That should inform your choice of programming language and platform. When you have made those decisions, you can start to write actual code later on.

When you've done that, everything seems much less overwhelming - you have pieces you can think about. So your next question is, are you going to design and construct each and every of those pieces, or are you going to use some ready-made modules? You need to do research into what are your best options for these. You will probably end up with a mixture.

So then you can start to design circuits for the parts you are going to build, although I'm sure there are already plenty of designs you can use. You can also start to write the code that makes it all work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back