Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me fix my remote locking (key fob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diy1995

Hello,
I am owner of 2000 Renault Clio and my key fob went bad!
I can start car with the key, but remote unlock / lock is not working.
First when problem started i had to press multiple times to lock / unlock my car, but one day it stopped working!
Sometimes i can lock/unlock after few presses, but sometimes its not working at all!
Led indicator on key does not light up.
Battery is not the problem, contact with battery is not the problem, microswitch is not the problem (i changed it anyways), i resoldered all bigger joints on board, i measured every single connection and all is OK.
Key didnt fall in any liquid!
Im not interseted in buying new key for 150EUR since its 2000 Clio!
Key Fob is RF type.
I drawed schematic of board.
Is the IC chip faulty or could it be anything else?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thank you for your help!!!

A likely problem is that the receiver (in the car) is not on the same frequency as the transmitter. Both probably use a SAW device to set frequency, but they age and drift to some extent.

No guarantee it would work even if you replaced the transmitter.

A likely problem is that the receiver (in the car) is not on the same frequency as the transmitter. Both probably use a SAW device to set frequency, but they age and drift to some extent.

No guarantee it would work even if you replaced the transmitter.
Hello, Led indicator on key is not flashing. I reprogramed the key. Thanks.

Inside the red circle area, foil trace looks corroded under the green paint. Do a resistance check.
Whats the other side look like?

img20170103193921.jpg
img20170103193921.jpg

:A possibility:
Potential loose battery or minor corroded contacts.

These devices are quite low current, thus the battery contacts should be checked for any dull oxide or corrosion of any kind, or being loose. Problematic batteries or moisture gets into many things at some point also.

At times the battery can have loose contact, well my experience with alpine models over years, the LED, (I'm assuming that to be the LED indicator in the image lower left) would show a long on statement and the remote worked fine, some would have a small blip from then LED and a gentle tap on hand would re contact the battery most of the time, the LED was back to normal on statement length. The capacitors can at times store a small amount of power with a loose battery that results in the led blip, the frequency generator and IC code chip with register Code/ID can not start up with this and the LED just blips and no generated code nor respective distance from remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back