Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help making shock gag devices with transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carl,

here is a circuit which operates at a stable frequency of 25.6KHz generated by a crystal oscillator of 3.2768MHz.

The voltage output is adjustable in a wide range.

Electric shocks are always dangerous. If somebody gets shocked using a heart beat electronic device the cables of which might catch on fire. :)

You might try building that circuit. Overvoltage protection is given by using 30V zener diodes across the power transistors to eliminate excessive output voltage caused by possible oscillations. (depending on PCB routing)

Additionally the output current is limited to ~27mA at 30V with the output pins shorted.

Try the circuit on yourself before you use it on others. Since the frequency is relatively high you might not feel a shock but suffer from high frequency burns.

I do not take any responibility for harmful applications.

To audioguru: Muscle stimulators were never intended to build up muscles. They have been designed to do what they are supposed to do - stimulating muscles. They are used for patients suffering from e.g. a traffic accident having had an arm or a leg bandaged for a long time period.

Boncuk

Attachments

• ZAPPER.gif
    ZAPPER.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
To audioguru: Muscle stimulators were never intended to build up muscles. They have been designed to do what they are supposed to do - stimulating muscles. They are used for patients suffering from e.g. a traffic accident having had an arm or a leg bandaged for a long time period.

Boncuk
I know what a tens unit is for.
But the TV ads for the muscle twitchers showed fat people sitting on their couch getting zapped then showed them later with strong toned muscles.
A bunch of lies. Millions of the useless things were sold.

I know what a tens unit is for.
But the TV ads for the muscle twitchers showed fat people sitting on their couch getting zapped then showed them later with strong toned muscles.
A bunch of lies. Millions of the useless things were sold.

Hi audioguru,

I suppose "tens" is another expression for "LIMS" (Low Impact Muscle Stimulator) as I prefer to call the device.

I also wonder why such advertising (containing misleading information) is allowed to broadcast in Canada, which is impossible in Germany because the promised and advertised features of any technical device must be proved before advertisement on TV.

In case a product doesn't do what it is supposed to do the advertiser is well advised to commit suicide before a judge of law gets on him. :D

The German term for that is "Verbraucherschutz".

Regards

Hans

The Chinese guy who sold the useless muscle twitchers on TV was charged by the governments of Canada and the US with fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back