Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Making a hand held EMP pulse or granade

Status
Not open for further replies.

War_head_1

I need the disigns to build a hand held EMP
The range of its efect must be for aprox. 25' to 30' :!: .

I understand that an EMP can nock down temp. a electronic divice or disable it for complete but y only ned'it tho ko for the time is active. 8)

If can some one give me some ideas,plans or tell me how to buld it
or were to find the parts you can have may gratitude. :D

sorry for the bad grammer :wink:

I can see you live in a country with a troubled past. From your subject lines I can also see it has affected you.
How about a little more effort with growing up to become a responsible citizen?
Voilence and the urge to destroy things is something you'd have to overcome sooner or later if you want to live peacefully to a ripe old age.

Whit te ting of the troboled past yes youre rigth ...but for the troboled mind...naaaa im yust trajing to have some fun mesig whit mi brother but y ashure you that the porpuse of tis is not to harm some ...and he dos that to me every time ... he made one and every time he is around he just gets in my nervs..any way y yust ant to make it because its a good way to spend my time...

Can some one help me in this project...thanks

Ok for the first thing i do have a girlfrind for the second y have a frigin life.... if some one dosnt have a way or an idea to help ... at least have some respect... :evil:

As already suggested, the way to generate an EMP is a nuclear explosion, there's no way you are going to do it simply or cheaply - for a start just consider the amount of power required.

From your other post, it's obvious that you simply want to destroy your neighbours CCTV camera - think simple, throws rocks at it!.

I've read where police/law enforcement have or are evaluating devices that can disable the electronics in an automobile and it was said to be EMP however the author may have been given the EMP explanation falsely or is just misusing the term. High speed police chases claim some lives annually therefore the interest in such a device. No mention was made on how the device is deployed nor is there mention of how it selective enough not to shut down the law enforcement vehicles.

ok, so maybe a neuclear explosion is out

maybe if u built a giant inductor, u could generate a field that would induce so much current in the targets wires, that they would burn out...?

well te idea of the generator is nt bad but i nead it to fit a back pack or someting. can it be made to generate a curent of at least 100,000v and a noter cuestion

what hapens wean a Ac corent mets a Dc one :?: what will be the efects of that bisades a short circuit. :?

stevez said:
I've read where police/law enforcement have or are evaluating devices that can disable the electronics in an automobile and it was said to be EMP ...

I read an article about this, I believe in Spectrum. In any case, as I recall, there were two systems. One that was built into the car and then could be disabled by the police either through a phone call or special trigger signal or something like that. The other was a little rocket car that was propelled from the police car with an antenna. The antenna touches the underside of the car being chased and basically emits a high voltage pulse. The idea is to kill the ECU and idle the car.

this is quite funny

war_head_1 ur a real Matrix fan!

all i can say abt annoying ur brother is simply using a powerfull magnet on his hdd....
:twisted:

:( con some body giveme an idea ... plese matrix is yust over rated... i im a last samurai kind of guy 8) .. plese post and idea or someting :lol:

sorry i take back my post... knowing how annoying litlle brothers can be.

You could try chaff. It is something like electrically charged peices of aluminium foil. I don't know how to rig one up, but i know that it is used in the military and intelligence agencies.

I to have been looking into making a EMP for receational use only and find that it would have to use a huge amout of power to do anything i would say to look into makign a Magnetic flux compression that would probly work

well not to help you along this path of destruction

Bu tthe US looked into EMP and came up with a working one-shot method. They tehn revised to get a re-usable way

A nuke is the only really way to develop a EMP. The other way is to charge up some caps and short into an inductor (similar to what grrr_arrghh stated), however, that method will only develop narrow-band and of low freq EMP - the damage comes from the wide range of freq and alot of POWER

The one-shot was a massive coil inductor and a copper pipe as the former.
They charge up a massive bank (and I mean massive) of capacitors and then short them into the inductor (similar to what grrr_arrghh stated). However, what was missing was the explosion., timed to the inductor shorting out is exposives along the inside of the copper pipe that then cascade detonate down the pipe, this causes the pipe to expand and shorts out the inductor turns,(in stages since the exposion is a kinda cascade effect down hte pipe). With the decreasing inductor you get a wider freq of EM and also more power.

I had the link to this, ill find again but at work and if I start looking for that kinda stuff im gonna be on the doll. Will find the link at home later

ok here it is

**broken link removed**

now DONT DO IT!!!!!

**broken link removed**

Two threads with almost identical paths , how strange

well, amazing1.com has atleast 2 different projects for 'emp generators' one is handheld and medium power, the other one is high powered, the high powered one is 194 lbs. and costs i think $7,000.00 and the highest powered one is 300 something lbs. and i think $14,000.00. (if you buy them fully assembled, or you can just get plans for them and construct them yourself.)

AND! neither projects have nuclear detonations. :eek:
https://www.amazing1.com/emp.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back