Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help.............Infra-Red Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin_lee

Hi everyone,
I have a problem here. I am currently working on a project. It requires me to transmit data from one end to the other using Infra-Red. I've got a 38kHz signal generated using a 555 timer, an IR diode and a receiving module IS1U60. From what i understand, the IS1U60 should allow me to get a High output when theres no signal received and a Low signal where theres a 38kHz waveform. I tried to transmit the 38kHz over to the receiving module but fail to get the desired output as stated. Please help me......its urgent. Thanks

alvin_lee said:
Hi everyone,
I have a problem here. I am currently working on a project. It requires me to transmit data from one end to the other using Infra-Red. I've got a 38kHz signal generated using a 555 timer, an IR diode and a receiving module IS1U60. From what i understand, the IS1U60 should allow me to get a High output when theres no signal received and a Low signal where theres a 38kHz waveform. I tried to transmit the 38kHz over to the receiving module but fail to get the desired output as stated. Please help me......its urgent. Thanks

If it doesn't work you must be doing something wrong, IR receiver IC's are very easy to connect and use - are you sure the 555 is at about the right frequency?. You could also check that you have IR coming out the IR diode, use a camcorder, webcam or digital camera to check it (IR shows up white).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back