Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP in Sensor System Design in a Passive Solar Greenhouse!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A PIC is a type of microcontroller with various input/output lines (both digital and analog); digital meaning an on/off, HIGH/LOW signal, analog meaning a varying voltage signal (usually); the PIC supports both. A simple soil moisture meter simply measures the resistance of the soil at the depth in which it is placed by reporting a varying voltage (more complex ones I imagine actually have their own built-in processor that you communicate with using some serial interface and protocol). In short, yes, it is possible to do what you are trying to do using a PIC. However, it will require programming to perform this task; you have not indicated what your level of experience is regarding programming. PICs are generally coded using assembler, C, or a version of BASIC. Do you have experience in any of these languages?

I just know some basic of C++. Now i trying to learn mikroC compiler to do the programing. Got any website or reference that you can suggest for me to refer or study?Or i still need other program to support? Actually i am trying to make a micro-controller that read data from sensor and send feedback to controller like fan and pump to maintain a fix range or temperature and humidity level of the soil.

First - if you have some familiarity with C/C++, you should be able to figure out what you need in order to work with a PIC; as far as reference websites for PIC, I don't know of any, but I am sure there are others here who do. My only experience with a PIC was a brief stint playing with a Basic Stamp 2, then I moved to the Arduino (which is based on the Atmel ATMega8/168/328 - so, AVR C/C++).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back