Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in identifying unmarked crystal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhasm

I found a few crystal oscillators lying around that have no markings on them at all. I bought them all a long time back , so i have no clue what their frequencies are. However , i know for sure that all the crystals are of the same frequency.
They are all small and cylindrical. they look exactly like the 2nd row middle crystal in this photo :

**broken link removed**

The crystals have no markings whatsoever that i can see.

I tried testing the crystal by inserting them in an Atmega8 which was configured for external oscillator. It did not work. The atmega was working fine with 16mhz crystal. So , its not the fault of the atmega8.

So , i guess that the crytsal must be less than 8mhz since it did not work with the atmega8.
Does any have a clue what frequency this crystal is?

I have a 20mhz dual channel scope.
Is there any way of hooking up the crystal to the scope and then seeing the frequency of the wave?

hi,
A 32768Hz crystal is made in that can size/shape, usually for real time clocks and watches.

Make up a simple osc using a 4049UB or something simliar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back