Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in controlling 2 dc motors using microswitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronan David

hi and im new in this forum sorry if i posted it in the wrong section , but my question is this is it possible to control 2 dc motors using 4 microswitch with common , no , nc contact ( joystick mechanism ) , the forward switch will control the 2 motors forward and the reverse switch will control the 2 motors reverse , and the left switch will only control 1 motor which is the right motor , and the right switch will control the other motor which is the left motor ( just like electric wheelchair ) btw 24v supply , your help is much appreciated thanks. :)

Welcome.
Yes, unless the switches in the joystick can carry the motor current and are double pole you'll need a couple,maybe 3 24v coil relays.
I'm sure lots of advice and pics will be along soon.

1- 4 way joystick :
2- small 4pdt relays
Plus one small 2 posn N.C. Joystick to enable turning Left & Right (centre off).
If small joystick is N.O. then another 2 small relays.
Operation Full Fwd & Full Rev
Left fwd and rev
Right Fwd and rev
The latter two for turning.
Max.

Strike the 4 posn, make that two 2 posn Joysticks = six functions..
Max.

Last edited:
Here's a circuit that should do the trick.
motor controller.jpg

Nice circuit dougy, all switches are grounded and you cant short the supply pressing rev and for at the same time.
Ronan you can use 1n4007 diodes so long as the relays dont use more than an amp (which would be pretty big).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back