Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying plug and pins

Jakuzi1

Hello all I have a plug from some aftermarket electronics that was damaged. The wires got pulled out of the pins. The pins are very small and I don’t believe I can re use them since they have already been crimped. The problem is I have ordered several boxes of pins of varying sizes but none seem to be correct. Can someone help me identify the type, size and name or number so I know what to order to fix the plug? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Can you post another photo with one of the inserts showing the crimp side up, and the insulated seal and end of the connector that has the visible holes flat along the edge of the ruler, so the pin pits can be worked out?

It looks to be around 0.1" or 2.5mm pitch.

The inserts of connectors that size can often be re-used, by opening the strain relief tabs and if possible crimped "wings".

If the crimp can be opened, a new wire can be fitted and the wings folded back in with needle nose pliers, then soldered

Otherwise, carefully solder a new wire end on top of the original crimped area.

Then close the strain relief with small pliers. Just be sure it's all neat and compact enough to fit the housing properly.

Would like to know what you already ordered.
Looks like the housing has a red seal..what is the unit used for?
Look close at the housing look for any letters. Molex usually just has a m
Possible Amp .
Is the mating connector on a circuit board?

I will try to post a better picture but I’ve been try to possibly solder the connections so it might not look the same. After closer inspection I might have ruined the housing as well while trying to get the pins out. The plug is off of my Harley Davidson hard saddlebag led lights. I was removing my bag and forgot about the connector. I have been in touch with the seller / manufacturer but like most things these days the individual parts are in china and they don’t sell them. The version I have has been discontinued for a newer design so getting just one light to replace it is not an option either.

Thank you to everyone who replied. With your help I was able to narrow my search and found an eBay seller that sells the exact plug as a kit which worked great. Again thank you

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back