Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying inductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

I have a few barrel type inductors pulled from boards with a part number I can't make head or tail of. It consists of a number with another number at right angles to it, sharing a middle digit. Can't make out if it contains a value or not.

So for example I have a couple like:

[LATEX]
\begin{quote}\small\texttt{\begin{tabular}{p{0}p{0}p{0}p{0}p{0}}\,&\,&H&\,&\,\\9&7&2&7&9\\\,&\,&9&\,&\,\end{tabular}}\end{quote}[/LATEX]

The 97 part is possibly bold and possibly slightly separated, but it's hard to tell. Anyone familiar with these type of part numbers, or know who makes them?

Okay, here's an identity parade. You can see why I used Latex instead of a photo. Device in original post is same construction, just a different part number, different number of turns.

Attachments

• inductors.JPG
    inductors.JPG
    525.5 KB · Views: 198
having seen many numbering schemes, my best guess would be that the "80k" part of the number is value (8uh?, as in 8 followed by no zeroes, 81 would be 80uh, 82 would be 800uh, and k is a tolerance designation, and i think J would be 5%, and K is 10%. the other digits i can only guess is a date code of some type. the letter likely is the month, the double zero is the year. if the letter is the month, then the 9 underneath is more likely to be the factory code.... just a guess. as for identifying the manufacturer, rotsa ruck..........

I think you guys might have nailed it for the ones in the photo, but what about the first one "97279" with H above and 9 below? Even with 97 as the year (I don't remember where it came from, but I don't think it is actually that old), 279 doesn't make much sense...

I'll be building this https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...0zPhBEod8IeJ5lafedsp_NA&bvm=bv.50768961,d.ZGU inductance meter soon (when the 74hc132 arrives in the post), so hopefully it will make more sense.

Ok I built the meter on breadboard. The values don't seem to correspond to the part numbers at all.

Seems a good little inductance meter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back