Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcrosbys

I have a switch from my truck that is reading bad. It's a $50 piece of plastic with two (of the same) diodes. Can someone please help identify (and possibly source) this diode?

It's a small black cylindrical one with a silver stripe at one end. It has the manufacturer mark (I assume), which looks like an "S" or "5", then G6-V.

Here's the manufacturer mark:
**broken link removed**

Thank you!!

Last edited:
did you test it with your meter

dimension info would be very helpful, length and diameter as well as wire diameter.

Boncuk

to me it looks like compact version of 1N4007 shorter body). if so i doubt that this thing is rated for more than 1A. the other possibility is that it is zener which can easily be tested.

to me it looks like compact version of 1N4007 shorter body). if so i doubt that this thing is rated for more than 1A. the other possibility is that it is zener which can easily be tested.

Looking at it again - it very well could be; not having the dimensions - but putting a fresh eye to it, what's holding it looks like they might be tweezers (my initial impression was pliers, making my guess much larger, of course). I think more information is needed from the OP (as Boncuk noted).

I will retract my "guess" though - I don't think it is as large as I thought before...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back