Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying a connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kart31

With the loss of paper catalogs, I can no longer just flip through and look at the pictures to identify items. The one catalog I have is from All Electronics where I found this connector.

AE CON-434.JPG

Based on the information given here and on the CAT #CB-232, this is smaller than the one I need to replicate.

The one I have mounts in a hole nearly 0.750" diameter. CAT #CB-232 refers to some aspect being 6mm, I assume that to be maximum cable clamp diameter (listed here as 0.22")

Anyone know what this type of connector is called so I can find it at Mouser or other source?

Thank you. I found the same thing. But I need a larger diameter version, hence I am looking for a more generic or techincal name for the connector.

If they physically connect with those then the name is the same, regardless of the panel fitting size or style.

If you mean a type that looks similar but does not connect to those, then the technical name or type would be different...
Do you have any photos?

The only ones I can think of offhand that look vaguely similar but are not compatible are either normal DIN connectors as used for audio, but in the screwlock or bayonet versions, and MIL5015 series.

eg.
images

1590817704038.jpeg

Another type of connectors that are similar to the "aviation connectors" is the Binder 680 series. I recently bought a linear optical encoder that had the 7 pin version of the Binder series connectors fitted. It took me a long time to identify it. I found it in the Farnell online catalogue.

Les.

The problem is, there are many different permutations of four-pin circular connectors with threaded lock.

pin diameter, which side of the connector has the male pins, threaded lock diameter and thread pitch. Often, you're better off just replacing both sides rather than find a perfect fit to one old-school connector.
Also, if you check digikey, you'll find the AllElectronics part to be a bargain because it is likely new old stock with no datasheet or opportunity to find the manufacturer.

you'll be lucky to find each half of that connector pair under $10 at Digikey or Mouser.

If they physically connect with those then the name is the same, regardless of the panel fitting size or style.

If you mean a type that looks similar but does not connect to those, then the technical name or type would be different...
Do you have any photos?

The only ones I can think of offhand that look vaguely similar but are not compatible are either normal DIN connectors as used for audio, but in the screwlock or bayonet versions, and MIL5015 series.

eg.
images

View attachment 125203

It looks exactly like the one from All Electronics. After careful sluthing, the looks are the only thing identical. The sizing as completely wrong. I was looking up cb connectors as that is what first came to mind. I will look up aviation conectors.

Changing both ends would mean wrecking a perfectly good molded end on the cable side. I would prefer to not do that.

I found them on eBay and ordered a bunch. They nicely sent them in four bags. All the cable ends in one bag, all the panel ends in one bag, all the washers in one bag, all the nuts in one bag. Guess what?? I can't find the dang bag of nuts. Any idea what sive the panel mount thread is? The lower picture shows M19x1 twice. Are the panel mount and the cable mount sides the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back