Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identifing SM Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

I have been asked to look at a CCTV DVR. I have discovered the HDD is not recognized and The motor does not even seem to be running up. The fault occurred after the power was cut off during electrical work. The unit was working fine before this. The CCTV section is fine. O>K> so much for the history. I removed the PCB from the drive thinking a SMD fuse may be the problem. There is a component that may be a fuse the markings are:-

TXC 30.0
Mn4A

There are no polarity markings therefore I don't think it is a diode or Capacitor. An Oblong component with a single connection to each end.

I attach a pic the quality is bad because I only have my phone cam with me, but it will give an idea. The board is from a 4TB drive and I would rather try to save it than bin it as they are not cheap to replace.

{Edit} Forgot to mention the device reads Aprox 560 KΩ each way. However on Diode test it shows no reading either way.

Hope someone can help
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Drive board.jpg
    Drive board.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Means nothing to me off the top of my head I'm afraid. As a general remark though, there's a great reference for SM device codes here:
**broken link removed**
See that can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back