Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] how to build an object follower robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompom

Hello there .. I'm an 7 semester student.. and I want to make an Object follower
Robots as my Project.. but unfortunatelny I'm very noobs on building from the 0
scratch .. can anyone help me with the design of the robots the electrical wiring and all the component I need? thx a lot :)

we have thought of making with micro-controller and a software called MATLAB 7.0 by using image processing.can u give me as much information as you can?
the info can be anything from circuit diagram,synopsis advantages,disadvantages and applications etc...i need it urgently as i need to submit it on 20th Sept...(synopsis of 25pages with ckt diagram)

Depend on type material of object, if material object is metal, you can use conductive sensor to identify it. Inside you also use optical, ultrasonic sensor. Any robot without "eye"!
To control motion of robot, you have to control 2 DC motor via microcontroller
This is circuit for that:
**broken link removed**

Software & Hardware

To save time you could use the ‘FlowStone DSP’ software from DSPRobotics! There is a free version that would be enough for you and the cool thing is that it’s graphical programming so it has a short learning curve.

I would just use a laptop and sit it on top of your robot.

You would need some sort of interface card to get the signals in and out and a motor controller.

I just build a two wheeled robot with a castor backwheel using the Robot Electronics RD02

**broken link removed**

This uses a COM port to interface which works well with FlowStone!

For the interface you could use a Phidgets board (like the Phidgets 8/8/8) and some IR and ultrasonic sensors etc. These are all USB and are already programmed in FlowStone so you just have to connect them and use them!

I hope this helps!

hey guyz thnk you so much for your help....but can u give me the advantages,disadvantages and applications...?
m not getting any of them?

i will try my best for the software and the idea you provided it to me...thnks once again

i nid a ckt diag through which i can connect the robot with the serial connector (DB-9)....as i have done my proj through matlab ...can u help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back