Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP for RF control for robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

upen

im building a wireless robot,i need some help on how to interface the receiver(434 MHz) with the microcontroller.also please help in connecting the transmitter to the computer, with the associated programming.

Would be per chance using the RF Solutions 433Mhz Serial modules? If so, they have lots of good info on their forums/datasheets. I personally used the 868Mhz TX/RX and an RF800 encoder IC. All worked very well for me.

i`ll be using atmel avr......i wish to use the 433KHz TX/RX pair but i dont know how to interface the encoder IC with the laptop....and hw to interface the RX with the microcontroller..

i`ll be using atmel avr......i wish to use the 433KHz TX/RX pair but i dont know how to interface the encoder IC with the laptop....and hw to interface the RX with the microcontroller..

ok, first you need to decide on what kind of data you are going to be transmitting/receiving. If it's serial 8bits, then you can use the rf650T IC. This is a new ic that has been released to allow easy serial communications. It is a self contained transceiver and only needs to be supplied with an antenna, power and the data lines. It's very easy to use and has build in encryption and error checking. I used it in a radio controlled mobility scooter project with great success! The range is quite unbelievable from such a small radio device. This is a two way communication (not simultaneous though). You can use the USART on a pic or equiv on atmels to send/receive data.
On computer end, you need to use a cmos/ttl convertor ic such as the max232 to interface with the rf650T.

You'll of course need 2 of these setups.

If your sending a parrallel string of bits, ie on and offs from seperate switches or datalines, I'v used a RF800 encoder ic together with a radio transmitter fm/am 433/868 take your pick and another RF800 and a receiver on the other end. This has the advantage of being very easy to use as whatever you put on the datalines to the rf800 appears on the datalines of the other rf800, upto 16 lines if i remember.

Study the diagrams on the rfsolutions.co.uk site, and you'll find it's quite straight forward to do.
Hope this helps!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back