Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help fixing gateway MA7 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the battery is not refitted with this modification, charging a battery outside of its correct charging profile, ie conecting a 12V power supply can be very dangerous even causing explosion!

You can sell your non-working laptop motherboards to Precision Division (PrecisionDivision.com).

Last edited:
Gateway et planned obsolescence

Most of the ""Safety features"" are notheing more than a programmed chip to disallow you to use after market equipment and to COUNT DOWN the number of uses .

Consumables such as Ink Cartiges, Toners, Laptop Batteries all have them.
Whether the product can continue working or not, The chip says its dead.

If you are Hacking products to keep them operational you must have some knowlege
of the safety procedures

PS anyone can get a drivers licence. How many of them move a 2 Ton machine at 60 MPH While texting, putting on makeup, drinking coffee, smoking, tuning rado, scratching an itch, and taking a nap safely.

The markings next to the components are PL1, PC2, PC1, PR81, I think the PC stands for power capacitors, the PR is resistor with not sure about the PL though.

Typically, "L" is used to indicate a coil or inductor, "C" a capacitor, and "R" a resistor... :)

Gateway burns

I had a list of the components
The problem was fused layers on the motherboard
I gave up on gateway and deleted most files.
That company has NO interest in support.
Samsung is going the same direction
There is no immediate profit from customer support.
Lol
I.T.O.

I had a list of the components
The problem was fused layers on the motherboard
I gave up on gateway and deleted most files.
That company has NO interest in support.
Samsung is going the same direction
There is no immediate profit from customer support.
Lol
I.T.O.

Can you name one company that makes PCs that offers tech support to anyone that wants to fix a mainboard?

The MA7 and MA3 boards were kind of notorious for burning out a spot near the A/C plug causing them to no longer charge or run on A/C power. They're fairly easy to fix if you're good with a soldering iron. Cut yourself a short piece of small wire, like 22 gauge, and make a small jumper wire and solder it between the 2 points noted on the picture. That will bypass the bad spot and bring it back to life.
gateway.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back