Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help finding schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeycmos

i have a meraki wireless wall plug. it has a bad SMPS power suppy. im trying to find a schematic but cant seem to locate one. anyone help me find one? the model number of the power unit itself is: DSO-15P-15 it is a 15 volt unit. if i cant find a schematic, what is the most common problem that causes SMPSs to fail? im getting 0v from it.

Fried driver, popped caps, blown fuse, blown bridge are all pretty common. I don't see any obviously bad caps.

Trace the voltage through to the driver (which is probably buried under that white silicone glop on the heatsink). You should see the 120Vac on the "common mode" filter (that yellow coil on the right of the first picture) From there it will go to a bridge rectifier, you should see about +180V DC on the output of the bridge and on the filter caps (be careful when making these checks, this side is "hot"). The driver will be connected to that and to that big yellow transformer in the middle. If the driver is getting voltage, and there's no output, that's a possibility. You will have to dig it out and take a look at it.

Last edited:
You can't find scheme. Just buy a new 15v adapter. Because under the PCB there r a lot smds. Maybe one of smd resistor is dead.

He said it was a "wireless wall plug", not an adapter, or I would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back