Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help, circuit behaving strangely

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmacHS

Hello,

I am a student in my final year of high school in Sydney. For my design and technology project i am designing a clock which uses magnets to move unattached "hands". A small task for this involved modifying Alan Parekh's code for his gear clock to make it function as i want. I purchased the kit version of his circuitry and soldered it together and he has provided me with the code. The kit uses a PIC16F628A microcontroller.

In an earlier post i was suggested to replace the CONFIG options he used for compiling in PBP2, with the following to resolve errors in compiling in PBP3:

#CONFIG
__CONFIG _HS_OSC & _WDT_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _MCLRE_OFF & _BODEN_ON & _LVP_OFF & _CP_OFF & DATA_CP_OFF
#ENDCONFIG

This did resolve errors in compiling i was having, however when i make only this change to his code, the stepper motor being controlled stops updating at the set time intervals. No other changes are made. The buttons in the code still work, however the time adjustments are not made.

I have attached the original code, which has only been modified in the way above from what is attached.

If anyone would be able to assist me in anyway it would be greatly appreciated :)

Kind regards,

Jarrod Stilp

The only thing I can think of is that PIC Basic has changed some other functionality since V2, there are loads of complaints about V3 on the web! Maybe time to get some test routines written and an oscilloscope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back