Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help , circuit , 555 , dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBoss

Help required building a circuit to turn a dc motor clock wise for 5 seconds remain off for 5 seconds anti clockwise for 5 seconds then remain off for 5 seconds and restart the cycle while being powered by 9v battery. Complete amateur .

Help required building a circuit to turn a dc motor clock wise for 5 seconds remain off for 5 seconds anti clockwise for 5 seconds then remain off for 5 seconds and restart the cycle while being powered by 9v battery. Complete amateur .
Welcome to ETO, KennyBoss!

Is this a homework assignment (sounds like one...)?

Anyway, the circuit, as you describe it, could be as simple as a 9VDC battery, a DPDT switch, a motor and a hand help timer.

Or it could be as complex as a 9VDC battery, a μcontroller, a motor driver circuit, a motor and the code needed for the μcontroller.

Any additional information you can provide? What have you googled thus far?

I Have Googled the 555 timer and was trying to use two with reverse polarities but the second timer cannot start in the off position so it resulted in a failure .. and no this is actually an invention i am working on ...also can you stick around please im from the caribbean and not much electronic experts here you guys are all i have .. maybe you can send a datasheet on what i should do pleasee .. i bought proteus so i can keep up with you . I may be completely wrong i have no idea what im doing please reccomend the best thing for me to do

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 198
About the motor .. i havent bought any parts yet they dont sell that in trinidad .. a medium range one i plan on ordering though DC toy hobby ?

I dont know Colin :( Im new at this ... could you reccomend one with horsepower enough to lift a few ounces ?

Even the tiniest motor can lift a few ounces if you gear it down enough. The question then is how fast you have to lift the weight, since force times speed determines the power the motor must provide.

An ounce per second isn't a speed :). How many inches/feet/miles per second must the ounce move?

7.2V i assume either Li-Ion or Ni-Cd

this thing does
  • Go forward
  • Go backward (reverse)
  • lifts weights
  • uses alike supply voltage of your application
  1. -st -- it's a good model (i assume -- in a sense of modelling see.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_model#Similitude_requirements)
    • due it's specific shape (3-D design) and weight i speculate it is capable of moving not too compacted sand or soil
  2. -nd -- there might be an electrical schematic / system description of this or alike robotic project available in www such as in ... https://www.manualslib.com/manual/905743/Caterpillar-D3k.html?page=6#manual (the real thing not the scale model)

Last edited:
A motor like this, for example, may be suitable.

Okay Guys ill buy that motor but can someone please send a schematic of how i should design the circuit to acheive the 5 second intervals please ... i have no idea what should i use the 555 , the H bridge ... capacitors resistors?

Is this a homework assignment or educational institution assigned exercise?

**broken link removed** (+ link-2-schm.**)
found by https://www.google.ee/search?client=opera&biw=1377&bih=1015&tbs=ic:gray&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=555+timer+dc+brushed+motor+bi-di+driver+controller+full-bridge+-patent&oq=555+timer+dc+brushed+motor+bi-di+driver+controller+full-bridge+-patent&gs_l=psy-ab.3...25534.25534.0.26318.1.1.0.0.0.0.69.69.1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.IgozgEuI12E or alike search

what you need to add to the schm.** is +/- square wave half cycles of duration 10s each e.g. 20s(50mHz(milli-Hertz)Sq.Wv.) that triggers another 1-shot timer of 5-s at zero crossing of the 1-st one

or set up a binary control based on mod-2 2bit counter driven by 2.5s pulse train and encode your FW NOP BW NOP from 00 01 10 11 ...

or other ... (such. as discriminating sine or 3-wave to 3-level detector as -- when above 1/3-rd of +A =forward inside ±1/3A =rest below -1/3A =reverse) . . . e.c. . . .

Last edited:
All you need is a DPDT relay with a center position and a 3 position cam relay with a 5 second time. You can buy both relays from Allen Bradley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back