Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Building a Simple Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap824

hello,
i am an early electrical engineering student and need to build a simple circuit for one of my classes. i have no background or real knowledge of this topic yet and am struggling to figure out how to create this. if anyone could give me some direction after hearing the details, that would be greatly appreciated.

Circuit:
I have a breadboard and have connected my Ground and Vcc rails to the power. I need to connect a 10 pin LED block to the rail to check whether it is working and am unsure of how to do even that. I need to use a 330-ohm resistor network to prevent damage to the LED. I need to connect Pin 1 of the resistor network to ground and the individual resistor pins can attach to the LED DIP, which i do not know how to complete. The final LED can remain unconnected.

After I get that to work, i need to attach a DIP switch. It says using the DIP package and a 1000-ohm resistor network. It has 8 switches, 7 of which are to be connected directly to LED lights I believe, and the last is to be used with the remaining 2 LED's. With the remaining switch, i need to construct a logic probe using a 74LS00 chip.

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

hello,
i am an early electrical engineering student and need to build a simple circuit for one of my classes. i have no background or real knowledge of this topic yet and am struggling to figure out how to create this. if anyone could give me some direction after hearing the details, that would be greatly appreciated.

Circuit:
I have a breadboard and have connected my Ground and Vcc rails to the power. I need to connect a 10 pin LED block to the rail to check whether it is working and am unsure of how to do even that. I need to use a 330-ohm resistor network to prevent damage to the LED. I need to connect Pin 1 of the resistor network to ground and the individual resistor pins can attach to the LED DIP, which i do not know how to complete. The final LED can remain unconnected.

After I get that to work, i need to attach a DIP switch. It says using the DIP package and a 1000-ohm resistor network. It has 8 switches, 7 of which are to be connected directly to LED lights I believe, and the last is to be used with the remaining 2 LED's. With the remaining switch, i need to construct a logic probe using a 74LS00 chip.

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

This is quite simple to do and all of the answers you need can be found by using the web as a reference resource. If anyone here just GAVE you the answer (and most of us probably could), you wouldn't be learning anything, would you?

To point you in the right direction:

Find out how an LED works and why it needs the resistor;
Get the data sheet for the LED block and figure out which pin is which;
Use your accumulated knowledge to set you free, and make it work!

thanks for the advice. I'm still struggling to get it to work but have e-mailed my professor to see if he can provide me any guidance. I have a serious feeling the battery may be dead because after reading up on the topic and trying to assemble it many ways i can not get it to work. but thank you for the advice on the data sheets, it proved very helpful.

A cheap digital multimeter costs less than only ten dollars. It will measure the battery voltage, measure the LEDs to see if they work, measure Ohms and measure current.
Get one so you are not working blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back