Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help building a counting circuit with circuit using LM311

Status
Not open for further replies.

mif987

Hi, I'm building a circuit that uses an Infrared LED that sends a signal to a receiver. I want that , when the wave is interrupted, it will generate a signal that will be sent to a CPLD that will do a count. Basically, every time the LED is interrupted the CPLD will do a count. The issue is that I've been told that since the LEd works with analog signals the CPLD won't detect the "low" but it does detect the "high" so I used a LM311 to fix the issue but it isn't working. We put a reference voltage in the inverting pin, the Led detector output in the non inverting pin but the output isn't as it should be.

Any help?

Circuit diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back