Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help automatic door project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlacaelelrl

hi guys I am new to electronics but I want to do something fun and wanted to do a door for my dog I checked some premade doors and will be buying one if I cannot figure how to do it my self can anyone of you tell me some tips on how to do it, my idea is to have a sliding door that will open automatically when the dog gets near the door and close after a few seconds, was thiking on using one of those laser sensors, a motor and a small cicuit board to do the process, right now all I have is a mechanical door the dog opens the door and then with the help of a pully and some weights the door closes but really would like to transform it into an automatic power door

thank you all

If you use a PIR sensor you might probably have all neighbor dogs assembled in your house with the exception of yours.

A good way to keep other animals out and have your dog enter the house is a microswitch which is "dog-operated".

Dogs normally learn pretty fast and operating a switch is one of the easy ones.

Boncuk

I would put a small transmitter on the collar with a receiver that operates within a small radius that way it will only open for your dog and not would be robbers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back