Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Adding to .asm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantooth

Well, ya have to start somewhere and here I am. I have completed this tutorial of how to build a 15x7 scrolling display sign, using the standard 16F628(not 16f628A) and is very stable. I am having a difficult time grasping the know how of changing the asm. I know that i cant just make up something to put into this asm and make it work. I tried that...it worked but garbled up.:) So, my question here is, Is there anybody willing to help me with this 1 thing im trying to do? As you will see below in the .asm i have provided, there is an effects switch (sw6). I want to do something with this, but, i have to edit this area along with another? Leave your comments or questions and I'll follow up. Later.

character
retlw 00

;sw6 = EFFECTS

sw6 NOP
goto sw6

write bsf status,rp0 ;select bank1
bsf eecon1,wren ;enable write
movlw 55h ;unlock codes
movwf eecon2
movlw 0aah
movwf eecon2
bsf eecon1,wr ;write begins