Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP! 12vdc IN to 19VDC out / 3.2 A

Status
Not open for further replies.

cps68500

Just what the subject lines says... I have 12vdc and I need a 19VDC at 3.2A. Does anyone has the schematics that I could attempt to build this with?

Thanks in adv.

This looks very much like you want to power a note book computer from a car battery.
If so, do a search for DC/DC converters if you *really* want to build your own. It may be cheaper to buy a ready made one, there are a few on the market for just that purpose :wink: .
Another option is to use an inverter and the notebook's power pack.
Good luck

If the learning experience is what you are looking for, then search for boost converter (or dc/dc convert as mentioned). Otherwise, buy it, it is cheaper.

cps68500 said:
I found a few, and they were 80-110 dollars. You think it would be more expensive to build one?

It is if you blow your laptop!.

Switchmode supplies are notoriously tricky to get working, disasters can be common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back