Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! 12v 5A AC to DC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

baskar007

Hi to all i am new bie to electro tech online.
my name is baskar and live in india.

I have a idea to build amp for my room using TDA1554 chip, I have a data sheet for chip. But i get confused with power supply for this chip, It's require 12v 5A at full volume. i have 12volt 5A transformer but i need AC to DC converter circuit.

If i use bridge diodes which diode can i use for this rating 12Volt 5AMP ?:confused::confused:

Last edited:
If you can find one there easily, a "CB radio power supply" will be ideal.
**broken link removed**

Hi to all i am new bie to electro tech online.
my name is baskar and live in india.

I have a idea to build amp for my room using TDA1554 chip, I have a data sheet for chip. But i get confused with power supply for this chip, It's require 12v 5A at full volume. i have 12volt 5A transformer:

why not try out a normal rectifer circuit using 78XX ICs

The LM7812 is only rated for 1A.

You'll need a booster transistor on a huge heatsink for 5A.

I thought you needed 5A?

You mentioned the 1N5401 above which is a 3A diode.

Anyway Google for 5A diode and you get lots of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back