Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hellp with PIC programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMKD

Hello
I have a problem with my PIC programmer
it's a Tait classic programmer, I use WinPIC-pic programmer as a software
when I start to programm the device it shows me an error mesage
when i click on blank check it says that the pic maybe is not blank
when i erase it and then click on blank check it shows again this message
i have tried also with IC-Prog but its the same
i can't programm anithing

i have programmed many pics
it worcks for a time befor this
pls can someone hellp me

p.s sorry for my bad Еnglish

Last edited:
Hi,

It could be many things causing your problems, bad connections or soldered joints to start with.

However I had similar wierd problems with one of those programmers, some of them can be traced to using a too low voltage psu, at least 15v is recommeded by some folk.
Also your parallel cable, should be a good quality screened lead and as short as possible.
Similarly the wires on your programmer board must be short and soldered - not long leads on a breadboard.

Although I could often program up small programs, if I had a large one for some reason it would fail to work, until I had tried doing it for 6 times - it would do this regularly - why ?? - thats just typical of these types of circuits.

Best plan - try and program up a Pic18F2550 chip, then you can build yourself a great Pickit2 Lite programmer as shown elsewhere on this forum.

I agree with Wp100.

Now nobody is worried about ancient programmers.Now there are plenty USB programmers available for cheaper.Also you can built a one by yourself if you like.

Make & see how smoothly those latest programmers functioning.

Hi,

It could be many things causing your problems, bad connections or soldered joints to start with.

However I had similar wierd problems with one of those programmers, some of them can be traced to using a too low voltage psu, at least 15v is recommeded by some folk.
Also your parallel cable, should be a good quality screened lead and as short as possible.
Similarly the wires on your programmer board must be short and soldered - not long leads on a breadboard.

Although I could often program up small programs, if I had a large one for some reason it would fail to work, until I had tried doing it for 6 times - it would do this regularly - why ?? - thats just typical of these types of circuits.

Best plan - try and program up a Pic18F2550 chip, then you can build yourself a great Pickit2 Lite programmer as shown elsewhere on this forum.

the problem is that the programer had work for a wile
and now it doesnt work

I agree with Wp100.

Now nobody is worried about ancient programmers.Now there are plenty USB programmers available for cheaper.Also you can built a one by yourself if you like.

Make & see how smoothly those latest programmers functioning.

I want to build my self a programmer not to buy, all we know how to buy :D
and i don't want with a mcu as a processor, I want a solid one ( old one ) ;)

when I programm MCLR is 13.4V
the same is when i read also
its an Tait classic programmer 7407+PNP transistors
Here is the schematic from this one

**broken link removed**

here is the programmer thet i hawe builded
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back