Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello from central NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyC333

I am a beginner with electronics, and have been dabbling building stuff. I have found a load of useful info here so I decided to stop being a lurker.

Well hello there Billy C333 and welcome to the forum.

I am in Central NJ too around the Middlesex area. Nice to see other people from this area are interested in electronics.
There are a few Radio Shack stores around this area still where you can get small parts but they will be more expensive than on the web.

Hi Al, Yes.. I hit Radio Shack only when I don't want to wait for parts in the mail... also it's frustrating because there bins are always all mixed up.

There is an IEI on rt36 in Hazlet that has some electronic components.

Hi again Billy,

What does IEI stand for,sorry i cant remember or else not familiar with that name.

Did you ever try Greenbrook Electronics on Rt 22 in Greenbrook? Lots of stuff there. They've been there for years so i assume they are still there but i havent been there in over two years already. Electronic parts, PC boards, cables, test equipment, etc.
They are close to D&R Boats if they are still there too. If you visit be prepared to pay top dollar for most stuff with a few discounts only.

Last edited:
Hi,

I checked out the location and i used to go down that way quite a bit on the way to Keansburg. That was quite a while back though.
If i happen to pass though there in the future i'll check it out. I think i actually must have passed it if they were there 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back