Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickpin

Hi everyone, just a quick intro as ive just joined
Im an electronics student.
19 from Uk
Ive always taken things apart and built things (proberly no different to you lot).
I am interested in RF and radio but alot of electronics in general aswell

heres some pics:

my little corner:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

You can guess what these are(?)
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

microwave gunn modulator:
**broken link removed**

good old gunns:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Ahhh organised chaos :D

I spy lots of Maplin stuff :p

Give it another 17 years and you'll have caught up with the amount of junk I currently own lmao

Welcome to Electrotech by the way - what part of the UK are you from ?

picbits said:
Ahhh organised chaos :D

I spy lots of Maplin stuff :p

Give it another 17 years and you'll have caught up with the amount of junk I currently own lmao

Welcome to Electrotech by the way - what part of the UK are you from ?
I think its the 13.8v psu and soldering iron from maplins. Im really not that keen on Maplins!
Next on the list is a spectrum analyser
The rest of the room is filled with boxes full of components etc.

cheers for the welcome

Last edited:
stickpin said:
I think its the 13.8v psu and soldering iron from maplins. Im really not that keen on Maplins!
Next on the list is a spectrum analyser
The rest of the room is filled with boxes full of components etc.

My friends think i'm ill when i spend hundreds at a time on electronics stuff lol.
**broken link removed**

cheers for the welcome

Wow...

Where do you live?
Address?
Social Security Number?
Phone Number?
:D

I WANT IT ALL! Guess I gotta get me a job. I got a modest collection of junk, you have quite the small cuban nation of parts there.

Okay. I just... fried my keyboard from all that drool.
Welcome to the forums. Your stuff is our stuff =P.
-Omar

stickpin said:
You can guess what these are(?)
They look like quite high power transmitters, intended for low VHF operation.
But their exact application eludes me.
JimB

JimB said:
They look like quite high power transmitters, intended for low VHF operation.
But their exact application eludes me.
JimB

Don't know if you're joking or not?, no smiley, but they look like pirate radio transmitters, which is why he ignored requests as to his location! :p

Nigel Goodwin said:
Don't know if you're joking or not?, no smiley, but they look like pirate radio transmitters, which is why he ignored requests as to his location! :p
Yes that thought had occured to me, but looking at the coils, they seemed a bit large for 90-100Mhz.
I was thinking of a bit lower in frequency.
Also, there was no obvious input for the baseband signal (audio or data).

JimB

On edit:
Having had another look, I think that Nigel has it sussed!
The boy has a production line going there, all those boxes of components are for the frequency generator section of those transmitters.

Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:

The construction quality is very nice on those:D

Not the ground plane - earthing to save you getting zapped if anything nasty happens to your mains input.

picbits said:
Not the ground plane - earthing to save you getting zapped if anything nasty happens to your mains input.
Yeh, i leave it off just because it introduces all sorts of problems like ground (earth)loops.

I am looking into using switched mode power supplys at the moment which should fix the problem

Nigel Goodwin said:
I'd just like to make it clear that i am not into pirate radio or involved in anyway with pirate radio!
Electronics is my biggest hobby especially radio and RF electronics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back