Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello everyone. Is all I need a jumper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbui

I have a camera with an onboard microphone. The mic doesn't work but there is a circle on the pcb marked mic1. IIs all I need do is put a jumper [wire link / resistor / ??] to get it to work? I have attached a picture.
Thanks

Attachments

• Camera_mic.jpg
    Camera_mic.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 154
Looks to me that that is the actual pcb position for an electret mic. Are you sure the mic element is actually fitted ?

Thanks for your reply.
The mic appears to be in the power lead along with other components. Here is a pic of it.

Attachments

• Cam_mike.jpg
    Cam_mike.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 148
That seems to be an odd place for a mic. That cabling is usually in a wall cavity or ceiling space. As mentioned the first pic looks like where the mic would go if fitted. In Aust it is illegal to have audio with cameras as it contravenes the Telecommunications (Listening Devices) Act

Ross Craney said:
In Aust it is illegal to have audio with cameras as it contravenes the Telecommunications (Listening Devices) Act

Seriously? Huh. I didn't know that!

thanks. the plastic housing the pcb on the power lead has perforations onthe part that covers it, so i'm guessing it is a mic - also it has mic1 next to it on the rectangular pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back