Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heatsink mounting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

So I ordered a 60mm square heatsink and the mounting area to the surface is 35mm round, is that going to be enough for the heatsink? It's going to be in a vibration area.

Hi 1234

New thread or an existing one here that I don't know about??

Regards,
tvtech

I guess no issues since no one said anything about it.. I figure with 2 part epoxy it should be a strong enough bond.

Possibly no one said anything because they could not understand what you were trying to do, and just passed by in the hope that someone else would pick up on your problem.

I certainly did.

JimB

As above - I didn't have a clue as to what you were trying to do. We don't have the weight of the heatsink, the temperatures involved, the vibration parameters, what you are mounting it on etc etc.

I figure with 2 part epoxy it should be a strong enough bond.
Will that allow for differential expansion of the heatsink and whatever device you're fixing to it? Do you need electrical isolation between the device and heatsink?

Are you mounting the heat sink to something or something to the heat sink

LED is being mounted to the heat sink
the heat sink weight is 62.5 g and 60 x 60 mm

I don't need isolation, I will be using Arctic Silver adhesive

the LED I'm using is a Bridgelux BXRA-50C2600-B-00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back