Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

heating device for etching process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gareth123,

I didn't say that 17W will suffice to keep your etchant at temperature of 50deg/C. The greater the surface the more heating power you'll need.

An aquarium heater of 50W heats 2l of etchant more than required. (Using a temperature switch the temperature can be set to any value.)

You won't have to boil the PCB for fast etching though and I guess 25W is the maximum you'll need for one liter.

A warming tray has to keep food temperature at 80 to 85deg/C and required heating power increases by the power of two.

Also you won't have to use a glass bowl for etching. A photographic developer tray is better, since etching also requires mechanical action (waves of etchant caused by gently rocking the tray).

It won't melt at temperatures of 50deg/C if it's made of ABS or PVC.

Boncuk

Last edited:
the heater looks nice
but not suitable unless the element and the soldered joints are isolated from ferric chloride. whow about using a porcelain try and use direct heating on stove for a while?

The one i referred in an earlier post with a link reached me broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back