Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

headmount camera and headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys I am thinking of making a museum automation project.
Basiclly it will be like if a person walks in the museum then when he stands in front of one statue then my automation system will recognize the statue(by image processing) and will start telling the person about it. One way of implemnting it is android applicationbut i want it to be more hardware oriented like i want to develop my own system
So I am thinkng of making a headmount like google glass...but i need only a camera and microphone/headset .. and i need it to send the signals(audiio and image ) to a centralized system where processing will be done
so can you guys hekp me wid how to make a headmount including camera nd headset and i want it to connect it to central systm using wifi or maybe bluetooth

RF would be a far better fit for this application. Either RFID or Bluetooth can work over a short range and could trigger your device to start playing back the relevant field.

A camera system is overkill considering you're in a controlled environment with a limited number of objects.

However some people don't like to take the easy route ... in which case you could use a RaspberryPi with a camera and wifi module. I'd then suggest a RaspberryPi dedicated forum to help you with the code.

RF would be a far better fit for this application. Either RFID or Bluetooth can work over a short range and could trigger your device to start playing back the relevant field.

A camera system is overkill considering you're in a controlled environment with a limited number of objects.

However some people don't like to take the easy route ... in which case you could use a RaspberryPi with a camera and wifi module. I'd then suggest a RaspberryPi dedicated forum to help you with the code.
thank you
can i use arduino .....??i have done work with arduino not with raspberry pi

A microphone maybe, I'm fairly sure you can't interface a camera with an arduino. I've never seen it.

But why do you want a camera and microphone? RF identification of the nearest object would be far esier

A microphone maybe, I'm fairly sure you can't interface a camera with an arduino. I've never seen it.

But why do you want a camera and microphone? RF identification of the nearest object would be far esier
yeah rfid is even more better...but i have no idea about it
have to start from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back