Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headlights On With Lock/Unlock, Welcome/Leave Home

HAccordCu2

Hey all,

I am trying to set up a module that i can use to turn on headlights with lock and unlock so basically I have all things sorted out except one thing. I want the module to stop working if my headlight switch is set to the OFF position, so basically my switch gives negative ground to 1 of the wires when its set to OFF and i wanna use that signal to turn off the module but i cannot figure that out. I can do that with 5 pin relay but that would mean the relay will stay energised and will drain the battery. Does anyone know any other way? Like a transistor or something?

Thanks in advance

Your question reads like, "I'm at the dance with Mary, how do I ask her to dance with me". At this point we really don't know if Mary is on a date with you at the dance or if Mary knows you've been stalking her and you followed her to the dance - or something in between. The advice will be quite different in each situation - if we want to give any at all.

You'll need to give us more background about how you "got it all sorted out" to this point.

If I understand what your saying and asking, then just use the switch of the head lights. Put everything in parallel with the headlights. Of course I don't have a schematic, so take what I said with a grain of salt.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back