Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

head phone amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Hi everyone
I have been a member of this post since late last year and I have been serching for a schematic to build an amplifier.
I am sixty and I am losing my hearing so I want to build an amp that I can plug my TV into and then plug in my headphones into it so I can listen to what is being said. I can build it if I have a schematic. I am in the U.S. and would like to be able to get the parts from a local radio shack or scavange them from other devices. The project should be small, something I can carry with me if need be.
Any help would be much appreciated.
replies to this post can be left here or sent to me at
bootz@bright.net Subject line should read Amp schematic.
My ISP filters for spam and I don't want to miss it.
Thanks guys for any help, I could sure use it.
Squire

Use the TDA2822M, the circuit is on the datasheet which can be found from Google.

LM386 is a decent amp.

Many TVs made in the last 15 yrs or so have an audio-out. It's not a good driver for headphones in itself. Any stereo can plug into that and has a quality headphone-out though. Any number of cheap, smaller products could also be adapted.

Building an amp is not a big deal, but still a lot to learn, a lot of parts hunting, and may end up being housed in a huge box. For something that only costs $10 or so to just buy I don't see a reason to make one. I mean you can buy an old stereo at a garage sale for one.

The big question is how practical is it to run a long cable across the room , up the couch or bed or wherever, and not keep tripping over it. Well, there are radio and infrared headphones. In fact radio transmitters that plug into your iPod or CD player so your car stereo can tune into it without a cable are common- real common. That can plug into the audio-out from a TV and you can use any sort of radio-headphone to listen to it from across the room without a cable.

headphone Amp

Thanks guys! You have given me a lot of things to check out. I don't think it will be a problem to find something that works from all of these suggestions. Again thanks.
A bit of advise if I may; If your hearing is good take care of it, it is something they can't repair.
Squire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back