Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDD motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita1984

Hello forum ,
I would like to ask you about the HDD motor , i have an HDD motor , it's a 3 phases DC brushless motor and 6 poles , it's Y connected , 3 wires and one common . it's 12V , i would like to ask about the current which should be passe via this motor.
Have a nice day,
Thank you in advance

a motor draws as much current as it needs.
The current is low when the motor has no load and is high when the motor starts and when it is stalled by a load that is too mnuch.

If your motor is made by a half-decent manufacturer then look at it datasheet that will tell all about it.

If the motor is a cheap one then guess its spec's. Compare its size to one that has spec's.

Get the number from the chip that drives the motor. Then google for the datasheet for the chip, it will list a spec for the coil current. That will give you a ball park figure. Generally they are a few hundred mA or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back