Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

having beep-beep sound of a buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahime

Hi,
I want to have a discrete sound like beep---beep--- from a buzzer. I know that I can make it by an Astable circuit. I'm wondering if there is another solution to make this kind of sound by a buzzer. I'd rather a smaller circuit that occupies less room.
Looking forward for your ideas...

You can buy buzzers that gives a pulsed tone, failing that, use an astable 555 timer and a conventional piezo buzzer.

Last edited:
Hero999 said:
You can buy buzzers that gives a pulsed tone, failing that, use an astable 555 timer and a conventional piezo buzzer.
Thanks Hero999. I already tried pulse tone buzzers. the sound is ok but the ones I found are a bit thick. I'd prefer thiner buzzer.
It seems that I don't have any choice but astable one.

If you want thin you could use a piezo transducer but you'd also need to build the driver circuit.

The thick case on a piezo beeper is an acoustcal resonant chamber to make it loud. Without the tuned chamber then a piezo transducer is not loud.

The transducer on a greeting card doesn't have a tuned acoustical resonant chamber so you can hardly hear it.

Technically what you're saying is true although, in practice I would disagree as I find those greetings cards loud enough to be annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back