Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have a listen to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Last Saturday my daughter sound engineered the 'Acoustic Stage' for "Extravaganza 2009" at the school she's just finished at. She took her laptop, and recorded the entire evening, this recording comes from that. She also played a number of songs as well, here's one she and Charlie did:

3:13 seconds is the place to be listening :D

Snap, crackle!
What produced the noises?

I wasn't there (wish I had been), but they said the DI box was 'burnt out'?.

It was essentially an acoustic set, and Mel's bass was just connected via a DI box to the mixer - so there's obviously no way a duff DI box (which is only battery or phantom powered) could give you a shock.

Mike2545 - nice smiley :D

Your daughter sings nicely and the band should eliminate the male singer for that song as she would sound better solo. The guitar also sounded out of tune. Your daughters singing was the only thing that made the song enjoyable :)

The clicks and scratches were not so bad on my end until the end.

Last edited:
Sorry if I sounded harsh, after seeing Simon Cowell, I thought you Brits appreciated a true opinion:) It is obvious that your daughter is the true talent in the band, perhaps she might consider finding other opportunities with more seasoned band members.

I am sure this is not possible as her boyfriend is most likely in the band, but that is just my thoughts. No offense intended Nigel :)

Sorry if I sounded harsh, after seeing Simon Cowell, I thought you Brits appreciated a true opinion:)

No problem :D

It is obvious that your daughter is the true talent in the band, perhaps she might consider finding other opportunities with more seasoned band members.

Charlie is a decent guitarist, but not much of a singer :D although he does grow on you.

They hardly play these days, and never rehearse - Melissa is off to University in October, so possibly she might get involved in the band scene there. She's a good singer and a great bass player, should have no trouble joining a band, or starting her own.

Charlie is taking a gap year, he's been given a job at the school they have just finished at, as a video technician and recording engineer.

I am sure this is not possible as her boyfriend is most likely in the band, but that is just my thoughts. No offense intended Nigel :)

No, it's not her boyfriend, just a VERY good friend - she never dates band members - they are more like brother and sister (but without the sibling rivalry). Her boyfriend Chris was in the audience, he plays saxaphone, but didn't play that night.

I am sure she will do fine in life, whatever she decides to do. I look forward to seeing her on the next Talent show:) Be sure to tell us when that is...

I'll award an A for talent and effort, but the melody doesn't do much for me other than make me feel like aimlessly jumping up and down with both arms at my sides as I bounce into walls and furniture.... hmmmm. :rolleyes:

I'll award an A for talent and effort, but the melody doesn't do much for me other than make me feel like aimlessly jumping up and down with both arms at my sides as I bounce into walls and furniture.... hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Sounds like what it's meant to do :p

It's a reggae influenced song she wrote, Melissa used as one of the parts of her Music Technology A level course - but recorded it with more instruments, drums, wind instruments etc. rather than the acoustic bass/guitar version here.

Charlie (the guitarist and male singer in the song) did the same with another of their songs, called 'Bye Bye Batman' - which was mainly written by Charlie.

Sounds like what it's meant to do :p

It's a reggae influenced song she wrote, Melissa used as one of the parts of her Music Technology A level course - but recorded it with more instruments, drums, wind instruments etc. rather than the acoustic bass/guitar version here.

Charlie (the guitarist and male singer in the song) did the same with another of their songs, called 'Bye Bye Batman' - which was mainly written by Charlie.

Spoken like a true proud father. I think she has talent and potential, I only question her crew, they need a bit of work and improvement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back