Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has NASA found E.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - that certainly sounds interesting; I hope its something worthwhile, and not some hype...

Well, here is the breaking news from NASA.... it's BIG!
Bigger than finding a cure for all cancer types and the common headcold; bigger than announcing that Osama bin Laden and his entire Al-Qaeda goon squad have been killed off; bigger than announcing oil prices have dropped to $1/barrel; bigger than discovering how to give advanced warning from earthquakes and tsunamis; bigger than announcing joyous news that all world nations are operating in the black with poverty and famine being eliminated; bigger than the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, Himself!

Well, here is the breaking news from NASA.... it's BIG!
Bigger than finding a cure for all cancer types and the common headcold; bigger than announcing that Osama bin Laden and his entire Al-Qaeda goon squad have been killed off; bigger than announcing oil prices have dropped to $1/barrel; bigger than discovering how to give advanced warning from earthquakes and tsunamis; bigger than announcing joyous news that all world nations are operating in the black with poverty and famine being eliminated; bigger than the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, Himself!

...well, I certainly found it to be as worthwhile as I was hoping. While it may not have immediate practical benefits, such as those you alude to, I can assure you that it will have long term benefits for our understanding of life and the evolutionary process, which will ultimately lead to practical benefits (likely in the field of medicine) in the future.

Amazing.

So, basicially, all of the mass-spec tests that have been done looking for phosphorous on other planets, not finding it, and dismissing that life could exist BECAUSE there was no phosphorous available to "stitch together" DNA.

So there "could" be beings walking around with DNA, and shopping in grocery stores, whos bodies are working fine with arsenic in place of phosphorous.

I suppose, to these beings, arsenic would no longer be toxic. As their systems, one would assume, would be built to use arsenic instead.

Maybe thats why some people breath is so bad. ;)

I find it funny that this arsenic based lifeform was found in California. The state with the most laws/regulations/taxes etc. to protect the environment.

I find it funny that this arsenic based life form was found in California. The state with the most laws/regulations/taxes etc. to protect the environment

I don't see why you would think so. California as whole has already proved that life can live in complete vacuum from reality. :rolleyes:

At least NASA gave us some tangible evidence to support the idea that life as we understand it is capable of surviving in very out of this world conditions.

I don't see why you would think so. California as whole has already proved that life can live in complete vacuum from reality. :rolleyes:

Don't you mean the whole US state TCM, it's soon becoming clear that the US will see reality and it's going to bite real hard.........

Apparently we are not part of the current American culture any more.:p

My region has very low unemployment and is running on the high side of the positive end of things. We need more workers not more work. Plus we as a state are investing economic expansion and gaining from it not falling back. :)

I think we have sort of become the anti California in the present American sense of doing things.

But yes unfortunately we only represent one of a very few positives in the American mess. :(

Apparently we are not part of the current American culture any more.:p

My region has very low unemployment and is running on the high side of the positive end of things. We need more workers not more work. Plus we as a state are investing economic expansion and gaining from it not falling back. :)

I think we have sort of become the anti California in the present American sense of doing things.

But yes unfortunately we only represent one of a very few positives in the American mess. :(

Hmm, In 2005 N. Dakota was ranked 49th in GDP while California ranked 1. California has the eighth largest economy in the world and California carry's the heaviest federal tax burden of all 50 states. If N.D. is indeed making a turnaround, it is about time they pony up. :p

Hmm, In 2005 N. Dakota was ranked 49th in GDP while California ranked 1. California has the eighth largest economy in the world and California carry's the heaviest federal tax burden of all 50 states. If N.D. is indeed making a turnaround, it is about time they pony up. :p

Most people who idly bash California probably haven't spent much time there. I first arrived in Cal in 1995. There was an incredible energy and creativity. I remember my first trip through Silicon Valley. Everything that was being developed in the tech field was there. Intel was there, Cisco was there, Siemens was there... And so were the companies that would introduce never before seen products like Xilinx and Altera ( I got to tour the plant at Altera ) Intel built a spectacular technology museum in San Jose, where semiconductor fabrication is the main theme. It was an amazing time to live in Cal. It is, after all, the place where the transistor, integrated circuit and microprocessor were invented.

It's a land of breath taking landscapes and tremendous cultural diversity.

Last edited:
Yes and we are also 47th in population and 19th in size. California is 1st in population and 3rd in size but an the overall ratings how well each are ran seems to switch around.The Best and Worst Run States In America: A Survey of All Fifty - 24/7 Wall St. North Dakota rates 2nd and California is 49th.

It doesn't take alien science to figure that a Gross Domestic Product rating is not a representation of how well things are managed it just shows that a bigger and more heavily populated location has more passing though their hands in any measure of time. ;)

Well sure ND unemployment is low, You only have handful of people. Your state phone book has only one page, Your town zip code is a fraction. Heck, A "Night on the Town" takes only 11 minutes. I give you guys this, your state has a great Fleischkuechle. :)

Hi,

So they finally found out that life was much much much more diverse than they previously thought. Gee, isnt that nice. So then what else out there is much different than they previously thought. Pretty much everything :)
It's so amazing how confounded they seem to be when they disprove their previous misconceptions. It's like they dont learn from experience...like some sort of learning disability.

The real news that we should be aware of is NASA gets continued funding when it releases news stories like this one. It's more of a justification for continued funding maneuver than it is a monumental breakthrough. That's how I see it.

I wonder if they, the bacteria, work with global warming and climate change issues as well.

WHat NASA scientists should do is get bacteria to consume the US national debt. That would be a true breakthrough worthy of a fanfare announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back