Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone used Powerfilm Solar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex-navy

I am designing a wildlife location logger and would like to scavenge or find
"top up" methods.
The circuit runs 3.3V 110ma a day.

Has anyone used this product line:

**broken link removed**

I assume you mean 110 mAH par day.

Those units look interesting. I like the flexibility and thinness (0.2 mm). But how do you make wild animals promise to stay in the sun?

Don't need them to stay in the sun all day, any time I can get energy from another source to help "top up" or contribute is good.

I think the common practice or "thought" is to re-charge completely or "nothing at all"

Toronto Supplier

Believe it or not, yes.

Efton Science.

I recieved 8 units from Powerfilm as samples.

Want a couple? I could give to Lawrence. He should bring in some for students.

Those are neat! THey have RC aircraft versions too! Better for planes that have large continuous areas though than for choppers.

well I don't know if being flexible is any more help or makes them worth more but at those prices I won't be buying them I'm not impressed infact yet to see a serious UK solar supplier

well I don't know if being flexible is any more help or makes them worth more but at those prices I won't be buying them I'm not impressed infact yet to see a serious UK solar supplier

We don't have enough sun to make it very practical, but you ought to have a trip to C.A.T. in Wales, a great place for alternative energy, and a good day out.

well I'm a bit far from wales unfortunately,

jaycar in australia sell solar panels at very resonable prices but i don't know what shipping would cost

yes they have solar panels that work out as cheap as 2.6 £/W (175 W monocrystaline panel) but then somewhere they warn about customs duty but I don't know how much it is, I'm not sure how much postage is either, although they have a UK website everything is shipped from australia

yes they have solar panels that work out as cheap as 2.6 £/W (175 W monocrystaline panel) but then somewhere they warn about customs duty but I don't know how much it is, I'm not sure how much postage is either, although they have a UK website everything is shipped from australia

It will obviously tell you the shipping if you place a dummy order, then cancel it.

As for customs, anything from outside the EU is subject to import duty, and VAT as well! - but it's just a question of if you get caught or not. Generally if the item is cheap, then it get's through, but I've no idea where the actual cut-off point is.

I've only been caught once, and that was for an item about £35, yet I've had items over £200 arrive with no extra charges. But essentially I don't order from abroad for cost considerations, only for items that aren't available here.

Maplins list a number of solar panels, have you tried looking there?.

Maplins list a number of solar panels, have you tried looking there?.

yes 2.5 to 3 X the price we are certainly suckers over here. a 175 W solar panel on jaycar is 500 odd pounds you will never get any cheaper here but then I'd have to look into VAT customs etc. is customs fees related to the value or is it sort of handling charge ? I mean how predictable is it ?

i think wind energy is better than solar if you have enuff wind in ur area of course!!what do you guys think. cause a single wind turbine can generate 50mw of electricity with suitable wind

i think wind energy is better than solar if you have enuff wind in ur area of course!!what do you guys think. cause a single wind turbine can generate 50mw of electricity with suitable wind

50mw WOW :eek: hardly worth the effort to build.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back