Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone ever used an LM4950 amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

have a use for a small amp (my CRITTER RIDDER for automotive use) and found the LM4950 for50 cents each
7 watt amp on 12 volts. the 10% distortion doesn't concern me as the use intended is to chase deer away from the road.

I haven't used it, but it looks like performance starts to fall apart pretty quickly as frequency rises. I know distortion isn't important but if you're using frequencies at the high end beware that dissipation might also rise.

The frequencies being used are low

2khz to 6 khz back n forth, up down but within that range.
the deer seem to not like it but further testing is needed.
waiting for parts.

wouldnt you also be able to hear those frequencies? or is it just so far away from your house that you dont mind? can deer hear stuff beyond 20khz?

Deer hearing studies

deer can hear ultrasonic frequencies BUT the best frequencies that are optimum for a deer to hear are between 2khz to 8 khz./
yes humans can hear 2 - 8 khz.
Would you rather hear the unit or hit a deer?
Them deer whistles are useless as studies done at University of Connecticut show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back