Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

has anyone ever heard of wheresgeorge.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krogersaurus

its pretty cool. it tracks dollar bills, and its awesome to see when other people get the money you once had. I just wish more people would use it...

I have seen numerous bills with the website stamped on them. Problem is it's consdiered unlawful to deface US currency and that website only encourages that unwanted activity. What needs to be done is to just track the serial number on each bill without the need for stamping it with red ink. The red ink is an attention getter and apparently it works.

It's a rubber stamp used along with red ink. The method you use is exactly what I commend others to do. They can still track and report locations of bills without the need to deface currency. I would imagine the real purpose behind the website is to advertise sponsors... and there seems to be plenty of them there. A person see's the website stamped on a bill, gets curious and visits it.

It's not illegal to write on or stamp currency. It's only illegal if your intent is to make the bill unfit to be used.

Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank
bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national
banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal
Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note,
or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined
under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank
bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national
banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal
Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note,
or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined
under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

It's right there! That law provides for the prosecutor and jury to determine what the terms DEFACE and DISFIGURES actually mean with respect to US currency.

or does any other thing thing to any bank
bill

I think this is a really broad stroke of the words implying practically anything that the prosecutor wants to apply any other meaning he can find.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back