Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hardwiring remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaido

hello electro-techians!

so i want to hardwire the remote control to a memory card video recorder, as it doesnt seem to trasmit or receive well.. and I have to wave it round alot.

can I simply remove the IR LEDs from the remote and receiver and run a pair of wires between them? would this work or is there more to it?

cheers

can I simply remove the IR LEDs from the remote and receiver and run a pair of wires between them? would this work or is there more to it?
you can extend the remote transmitter somewhat like this. Only extend the transmit LED with the wires and glue it pointing at the receiver. Don't modify the receiver components.

ok thanks, the receiver IR is actually in a plastic housing on a fly lead, the housing may possibly be interfering with the signal, so I will try removing it..

thankyou for you help

dont remove anything from the ir reciever !!! if you set yr phone to camera-point the remote at the camera on yr phone and look to see if there is any ir being emitted from the remote(you will have to press a button on yr remote and look at the ir led thro yr phone camera to check whats happening when you press a key)-you should see some very bright flashes thro yr camera when you press any button on yr remote(as long as you have good batterys in the remote and the ir led in the remote hasnt gone lo emmission....)if the remote seems to work ok when checked in this way it may be theres a fault with the ir reciever-if its on a wired lead it could simply be a hi resistance connection(sensor to controller-partially broken wire maybe or poor soldered joint???)or you may just have a faulty ir reciever (they do sometimes pack up in such a way their sensitivity is greatly reduced)in which case a replacement will get you working again or there may be a supply problem(controller to sensor...)in that case it depends upon how good you are at faultfinding and repair as to wether you can get the unit working-it should be able to respond to the remote from quite a fair (within reason)distance when things are working correctly...............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back